fs

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Build a rustic wine cabinet using free pallet wood Great upcycling project

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
In case I ever become a grape farmer and bottle my own wine, my son Wyatt designed this hipster bottle label that will work out perfectly. ("Its so exclusive, youve probably never heard of it.")


Over the years I have had a number of people ask me to build a wine rack or cabinet. Oddly enough, I live near the heart of Californias Wine Country, but am not a wine drinker myself which probably accounts for why it has taken me this long to make one. 


I decided to make a display cabinet for those of us who like to keep a few bottles on hand for special occasions or guests. I designed it to resemble a wooden crate, possibly one that has been taken apart and hobbled together for a new purpose. I also wanted the bottle labels to show, making the entire unit a decorative piece: I like the juxtaposition of the rustic assembly with fine wine. The shelves tilt to the side to keep the corks from drying out.



Monetize your woodworking

Rustic projects using recycled wood are very trendy at the  moment. This project would sell well at craft fairs. (Probably starting at around $80 - $100.) It is simple to make and if you use free pallet wood the profit margin is huge. Buyers like to feel they are part of an effort to reduce waste, and expensive wine displayed in a unique cabinet is a great conversation starter. 

Free plans:
  • WWMM Rustic wine cabinet (pdf)
  • SketchUp file


*****




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

1 comment:

  1. Gain instant access to 16,000 woodworking sketches.

    Teds Woodworking has more than 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, drawings and blueprints to make all of the projects very easy...

    ReplyDelete