fs

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Brad’s Router Table

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download


From: Brad Lockwood


Location: Stratford, CT


Hobbyist or Pro: Hobbyist


Project Name: Router Table


Wood Species: Birch Ply/Maple/Polar


Finish Used: Standard Stain with General Finish Dye stain, 3 coats of General Finish Wipe On Stain. I also used Shellac on the top.


Project Description:
This was my second project and I needed a good Router table. I wanted to see the effects of different finishes on different woods and what happens if I don’t do the light sanding after the water base stain. I also wanted to practice dovetail, rabbet joinery, inlay (t-tracks for the miter and fence). I also ordered and installed the Jessem Router Lift, which I bought after watching Marc’s router lift segment. Marc was right on with his analysis in my opinion.


As you can see from the full front photo, I fully integrated the dust collection using hose connected to the fence and a pickup from the router cavity. I placed plexi-glass on the door to the cavity and placed a light in there as well that turns on when the router is on. The very bottom door area is for storage. The left side drawers are sideless as I drilled holes to hold the bits. The Top right side drawer is a false front to hold the switch and the 3 lower drawers are half blind dovetails using the MLCS jig.


I learned a lot about finishing, dovetailing, drawer guide mounting and many other techniques as well. Now I have a top-of-the-line table and lessons learned. So as my friends say, this is the most furniture like router table east of the Mississippi.



Click Here and Start WoodWorking


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

1 comment:

  1. Get instant access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

    Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, photos and drafts to make every project smooth and easy.

    ReplyDelete