fs

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ombre Table for Entryway!!

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download


The air compressor came over the weekend so I was able to finish painting the table! I started with this craigslist find - the other half of this table 

David cut it in half for me (14" depth for each table)


 After sanding and priming I started with clark + kensington flat paint (which I got for free during a promotion) and added some white to get 4 lighter shades





I used an airbrush - started with the lightest shade and finished with the darkest


I didnt get a picture painting the table (these numbers will be used for another project)

Since this was just flat paint I then sprayed it with a coat of semi - gloss poly for extra protection

Once it was all dry - we mounted the table to the wall with two L brackets


It is on the first landing next to the front door


Baskets and frames are from Ikea - Hooks work great for hats, sunglasses, dog leashes, and keys - D was also airbrushed like the table


Bottom frames are from michaels (spray painted white)

Basket works great to store bags and books to grab on the way to the beach or dog park - The jars in the bottom metal basket work well for storing doggy treats and doggy bags - and a bowl for a place to put keys on the way in

Here is what the space looked like when we moved in:




I love how it brightens up this corner! Ideally I would like to paint the walls too ... but since its a rental I will compromise!


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment