fs

Sunday, January 26, 2014

My new router table

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
As I mentioned last week, I bought a new router table.  It came in a million pieces and took me about an hour to assemble. I used it to make some chamfers on a project on Thursday and it worked like a champ!  The new router is way more powerful then the one that came with the beginner table that I had previously.  I have all the pieces for another thumb chair that have been sitting around my shop for about a month so I got off my butt and made all the finish cuts and then put a 1/2" round over on them using the new router table.  The insert plate totally sagged and warped and all of my pieces got caught on the lip at one point or another.  The difference between the 2 days?  About 15 degrees hotter on the second day.  That was unacceptable so I took it back to Home Depot this morning.  I found a Craftsman router table with a die cast aluminum top on the Sears website on sale for $118 so I went to my nearest Sears and picked it up.  They didnt have the sale price on the shelf but I told the clerk that it was cheaper on their website and they price matched it.  I brought it home and started the assembly this afternoon.  It had many less pieces and went together in a few minutes.  It is about 6 inches shorter in length but probably half the weight.  From watching Steve Ramseys YouTube channel I knew that he had a Ryobi router in a Craftsman table so I figured there would be no problems.  I screwed with that thing for 20 minutes and couldnt get it to fit so it looks like I am going to take the router back tomorrow and go pick up a Craftsmen router.  I signed up for the Craftsman Club while I was there and they sent me a $10 off coupon for joining so I plan on using that on the new router.


This is the table I returned

This is the new one


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

1 comment:

  1. Ever wanted to get free Twitter Re-tweets?
    Did you know that you can get them ON AUTOPILOT & TOTALLY FREE by using You Like Hits?

    ReplyDelete