fs

Monday, February 24, 2014

GRAPHIC TRANSFER STORAGE BENCH dog biscuit ephemera bench

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
 
 
 
I finished painting a storage bench white and decided to add a graphic to it.
This bench could be used in an entry, in a kids room, or at the foot of a bed, therefore the graphic
had to work in all these locations. I spend hours searching for the one that would work and
I stopped when I found this Vintage Clip Art – French Dog Biscuit Ephemera at The Graphics Fairy.
 
 
I edited this graphic into 6 pages to fit over the front of the box.
I did it manually on a program I have but you can try this
online program http://www.greatis.com/utilities/posterit/
 
 
Picking the right image or font is always a challenge and can take hours or even days but getting it
right makes the piece come alive. So stick with it and keep looking. I have a cabinet I painted in
the spring and now is waiting in my back room for that perfect image. It is a period piece
from the early 50s and I know I want to find a Woolworths / Woodwards vertical advert to put right
up the middle face that makes the piece feel like it came right out of the store back in the day.
Like a haberdashery counter!
 

Cross your fingers I will find it and make it look amazing,
but back to the present days project and the BEFORE & AFTER


 
 
******************************** 
Today I have listed some vintage sheet music, castors, and coat
 hooks along with all the shabby chic hardware also available
at Firstfinds Etsy Shop
 
 



 
 
  

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment