fs

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

If this isnt motivation to clean up the garage I dont know what is!

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

Warning, this post does not contain anything creative or inspiring, but hopefully it is somewhat entertaining and feel free to laugh with me :)

If you follow me on instagram @sarahmdorseydesigns you might of seen this last week. Yes, that is paint splattered in the garage on the dresser, wall and ceiling. It was actually everywhere, but I couldnt fit everything in the picture.

 The culprit.

How did it get there? As I was pulling into the garage I ran over a paint can and it exploded. EVERYWHERE. If this doesnt make you want to run out to your garage and clean up everything, I dont know what will! Why couldnt of been white?

Anyways, I spent the next few hours cleaning off the dresser. I didnt make it to the wall in time, so I decided to let it fully dry and then sand it down prior to painting.


This weekend David and I picked up a plastic shelf from Home Depot and got all of the paint off of the ground. I was previously storing it in a cabinet, but it was awkard to get in and out, so a lot of the time it got left out. Obviously.


We primed it first and then applied about 3 coats of paint.

This weekend we also made piles: to throw away, to give away, and to sell. It took all weekend and while the garage isnt beautifully organized, it will do! We are most likely moving in 6-9 months, so we dont want to invest money in organization things that we dont know will work in the next place.

It feels so good to have the garage clean! No more worries about running over paint cans!

and in other organization news, a few weeks ago we repaired my broken closet rod with gorilla glue. I folded and put away some of my clothes that I dont wear as often to lessen the load. So far so good!

Thank you for the advice on how to redo my closet! Like the garage, we didnt want to spend money on something that we arent sure will work in the next place.  

and finally, to leave you with something pretty. 


Saturday we had the most gorgeous sunset (with no filter/edits applied). The iPhone camera doesnt do it justice!

 Hope that your weekend was more fun than ours! 

So I am the only one who has run over a paint can? Probably. What is your worst painting disaster?


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment